TOP 100 LAWYER PROFILE
Abdel Wahab Moustafa
Maddock & Bright IP Law Office
|First name||Abdel Wahab|
|Firm Name||Maddock & Bright IP Law Office|
13, Dr. Mahmoud Azmi St,
|Tel||+2 02 2735 2592|
Area of Expertise:
IP Prosecution, civil prosecution, criminal prosecution, investigation, in use and non-use investigations, anti-counterfeiting investigations, IP Litigation, Enforcement and licensing. Responsible for managing investigators focused on disrupting production and distribution of counterfeit goods and prosecuting counterfeit purveyors, trademark and copyright enforcement, and anti-diversion strategies.
Intellectual property investigations, trademark and copyright enforcement, and the supervision of complex undercover operations. Wide area of knowledge with regards to using different legal weapons, Decision between administrative or court proceedings, under-cover investigations, borders seizure, goods seizure, preparing documentation and complaints for customs and Governmental bodies, Litigation against Governmental bodies.
Brand protection, Intellectual property protection, establishing and enforcing intellectual property rights outside the courts over patents, trademarks, industrial designs, and copyrights, legal & technical assistance related to infringement, unfair competition, compensation cases, conducting contracts, legal advice, amicable approaches to settle disputes as well as licensing and assignments.
- Contribution with the Japanese Patent Office in the project of “Data Bank for Intellectual Property Information from Emerging Nations”.
- Lecturer on IP matters (software protection, parallel imports, protection of non-patentable inventions, Patent litigation, Pharmaceutical trademarks … (Washington DC, Paris, Tokyo, Seoul,..)
- Amongst several training and informative actions, the following in particular are to be noted: Author of articles in relation with the IP in Egypt & Mena Region published on the Japanese Patent Office Website, according to his contribution in the project of “Data Bank for Intellectual Property Information from Emerging Nations” (GLOBAL IPDB)
- Copyright Law in Egypt
- Patent Enforcement in Morocco
- Trade Secrets Protection in Egypt
Author of Articles:
- Copyright Law in Egypt (Read)
- Patent Enforcement in Morocco (Read)
- Trade Secrets Protection in Egypt (Read)
- IP Protection & Enforcement in Egypt (Read)
- IP Enforcement Guide (Read)
- Fatal Pill (Read)
- Counterfeits in Egypt (Read)
- Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies for Egyptian Brand Owners (Read)
- Counterfeiting in Egypt – Whose Problem? (Read)
- Counterfeiting in Egypt and The Law (Read)
- 2013: Client Choice Award by the International Law Office for “The Exclusive Winner for Patent Category Services for Egypt”.
Client Choice Award recognizes those partners that stand out for the excellent client care that they provide and the quality of their services. Uniquely, law firms and partners can only be nominated for these awards by corporate counsel.
- 2015: Client Choice Award by the International Law Office for “The Exclusive Winner for Patent Category Services for Egypt”.
Mr. Moustafa has been chosen for this award based on the excellent client care that he provides and the quality of the services. The criteria for this recognition focuses on an ability to add real value to client’s business above and beyond the other players in the market.
- Global Law Expert Annual Awards 2017 (IP Litigation Law Firm of the year in Egypt) .
Mr. Abdelwahab Moustafa has been chosen as the exclusive winner of the IP Litigation Firm of the year in Egypt.
- ACQ5 Global Awards 2017, Category Winner: EGYPT – GAMECHANGER OF THE YEAR, ABDEL WAHAB MOUSTAFA, MADDOCK & BRIGHT IP LAW OFFICE.
- International Finance and Law Global Award Winner 2017.
- International adviser expert 2018.
MADDOCK & BRIGHT IP LAW OFFICE is a unique law firm. It is ranked amongst the most professional and long established 66 years law firms in Egypt, specializing in the protection of intellectual and industrial property rights in Egypt, Middle East and North Africa. The firm fills a market gap in the MENA region by cleverly combining services in the field of intellectual property law and market entry support.
As a managing partner of MADDOCK & BRIGHT IP L AW OFFICE (MBO) in Egypt and some of the MENA region countries and Due to his wide area of knowledge with regards to using different legal weapons (decision between administrative or court proceedings, under-cover investigations, borders seizure, Litigation etc…) Mr. Moustafa has built up the credibility and reputation of MBO. Beside managing the development of MBO (More than 120 IP attorneys, agents and lawyers in MBO offices), In 2006, he has joined Mona Bakir Office and started initiating the same practices on a bigger scale, across the last years, and after working as Senior Patent and Trademark Attorney and Litigator on behalf of foreign right holders. Owing to his full experience in IP matters and in the litigation field, Mr. Moustafa has lead Mona Bakir & Son Office into a new partnership resulting in a capital raise under a new name of Maddock & Bright IP Law Office. Maddock & Bright IP Law Office combines the existing expertise and clientele base of Mona Bakir & Son Office with management and expansion tactics to bring to the legal field a wider range of integrated legal solutions, and greater regional footprint.